Sunday, March 6, 2016

Nightstand


I bought a nightstand today and I am loving it! No more tossing books and my iPad on the floor. And tissue box, water bottle, pens, and pencils. No more waking up to crushed glasses and phone. I'm fortunate to have such sturdy glasses or else I would have no money left for anything else! It was a spontaneous buy and kind of a splurge. I mentioned to Quan that I'm looking to buy a nightstand. I originally planned to check out Goodwill first but Quan asked, "Why not go to Ikea?". Brilliant idea! Somehow Ikea, my poor-college-student-go-to furniture store didn't cross my mind. So off we went on a spontaneous furniture shopping trip.

I haven't gone back in soooo long. I felt like a kid on a field trip. I sat on sofas, chairs, beds, and....tables and also wanted to buy almost everything. I came with the intention of buying a $15 wooden night stand but of course came across a plethora selection of nightstands and side tables. A $20 French and chic side table caught my eyes but when I saw this one, "we clicked". The only issue was that it was $30! Decisions, decisions... I tend to lean toward the cheaper one because it's my nature I guess. But this one looks modern and sleek and is available in white! The only thing holding me back was the price. But my boyfriend was my consultant and after some time, I decided I'd "splurge" on a nightstand today. We managed to make it outside with just the nightstand, a set of extension cords, and of course the famous $1 Ikea "frozen yogurt". I will be a happy sleeper tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment